We are involved in several programs and continue to develop new initiatives. Our current work includes:
What’s L.O.V.E. Got To Do With It
Kemba’s traumatic real life experiences reflect the consequences of her life choices and the unknown faces and stories of many pre-teens, teens, young adults, who like her, are confronted with complex and peer-driven decisions. Using words which differ each month and begin with the letters, L-O-V-E, the curriculum will align with chapters from her book with a unique connection to African American history, foster dialogue, provide worksheets and valuable exercises, and ideally address such issues as:
- Warning signs of and measures to prevent dating violence and abusive behavior
- Unique challenges of children of incarcerated parents
- Strengthen relationships with law enforcement
- Characteristics of healthy relationships
- Diversion alternatives from school to prison pipeline
The lessons, dialogue and activities will promote character development elements such as respect for authority, liberty, responsibility, honesty, self-worth, self-control and consequences. The What’s L.O.V.E. Got To Do With It curriculum aligns with the Common Core State Education Standards.
Matching people with special needs with mentors.
Domestic Violence Advocacy
Scholarship Fund creation
Hosting teen summits