Kemba Smith Foundation Inc. Is a 501(cX3) tax exempt organization that is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes.
The foundation’s objectives include:
- Educating people. young and old. about a variety of issues that plague our communities including. but not limited to, use and abuse of drugs and alcohol, teen pregnancy, gangs, domestic violence, child abuse, AIDS, crime, rehabilitation of ex-offenders, re-entry of ex-offenders into society, racial problems and many other areas of concern.
- Eliminating injustices, prejudice and discrimination and combat community deterioration, juvenile delinquency and diffuse neighborhood tensions.
- Transforming real life stories into forums that will illustrate the detrimental effects of poor decision-making and inappropriate associations.
- Creating forums and round tables, through speakers, group discussions and other means, to educate the public about the criminal justice system and current drug policy.
- Developing goal setting programming and problem-solving techniques to help instill self-esteem in individuals and facilitate the reentry and rehabilitation of ex-offenders.
- Fostering an environment where people can develop a sense of identity, purpose, belonging and encourage family strengthening.
- Matching people with special needs with mentors.
- Providing resources and counseling services to assist families and/or people with family members who are involved with the criminal justice